It’s never easy facing the tough decisions that come with a terminal illness, like considering whether hospice is the best option for you. The thought of hospice can be scary, but it’s important to be informed about your options.
Medicare covers hospice care so those who are terminally ill can spend the last moments of their lives with dignity and comfort among loved ones. Hospice care focuses on patient comfort or “palliative care”, not on curing the disease.
Deciding that you need hospice care is difficult, so it’s essential to be informed about everything hospice covers. These are some of the services hospice offers you:
- You can get care and attention at home.
- A team of specially trained professionals and caregivers provide care for the “whole person,” including your physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
- Hospice services typically include physical care, therapy, medication, and equipment for terminal illnesses and related conditions.
- Family support.
- Once you choose hospice care, your hospice benefits should cover all of your needs.
Here are some links to learn more about the care and support available to people with terminal illnesses.
- For additional information, watch this video about hospice.
- To find a hospice program for you, talk to your doctor or visit the Hospice Foundation of America website, hospice directory.
- To find additional resources and support, visit Hospice Foundation of America (HFA)
Write A Comment